Monday, April 11, 2016

Modern Solids Improv Quilt #1



This was an exercise in doing something out of your comfort zone.

I had a bunch of scraps left over from three different solids quilts that I had made and didn't feel like throwing them out or giving them away.  So I thought I would try my hand at some modern solid improv and this is what I ended up with.



Details:
  • Quilted by Lynn Peterson
  • Solids from the Omaha quilt, son #1 quilt, and son #2 quilt.
  • Some Kona cottons and then an assortment of scraps from wherever.
  • 6 inch white border (I wanted it bigger than it was)
  • Backing used a Ralph Lauren chambray sheet.
  • Binding is a combo from the scrappy solids also.
  • Finished dimensions: 56 inches by 69 inches.  The inner improv piece without the border is 45 x 57--definitely not big enough for our tall crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...