Friday, July 25, 2014

Improv Color Blocks

Stress release for me includes a good chunk of time down in my sewing room.
I've had some stress lately with all our house stuff going on and hadn't sewn for weeks, and possibly months.
Let's just say I needed to sew.

I had started some improv blocks last Fall sometime and went to town this past week to whip up some more.  Got all the blue ones completed and then did some green/orange combos.

I didn't have enough scraps to make enough of the green bunch so I decided to combine the two colors.
I laid out a design, found my Kona grey yardage and whipped out the quilt top.

It makes me happy.











Details:
  • Inspiration idea from Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe, Improv Color Blocks, pg. 70-77.
  • Her quilt pic here at FromTheBlueChair.
  • Made 12 improv blocks.
  • Blocks cut to 16 x 18 inches.
  • Cut 4 grey blocks to size.
  • Used Kona grey as the background fabric. (can't remember which one exactly, but it is light grey)
  • 4 by 4 block configuration.  
  • Added 4 inch strips on each side and 8 inch strips across the top and bottom to make the quilt larger.

5 comments:

  1. It is a very happy quilt. Love those blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the kind of quilt I love! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Such a super way to use up scraps and turn them into quality quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "funky" quilts you and E make. They are fun to look at and the colors you use are always really nice. I haven't done any sewing for a while but I need to take in a bunch of my slacks and tops since I'm losing weight. Maybe that will be on my agenda next week, along with canning beets. Love, M

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...