Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breaking out of our jam rut

At our house the preferred jam of choice is Raspberry.
Homemade.
Hands down!
I think there are a few kids who won't even try anything else.
Sad day for them this year as my raspberry patch is no more.
Dead from a Japanese Beetle attack.
It really is a sad day for all of us, but not much I can do now.

So I am trying a couple different jam recipes than we haven't had in the past.

Last week I made Strawberry-Blueberry Freezer Jam.





I made homemade bread the next day to give with a jar of jam to the teachers as a thank you.
It is always a hit with people.
I also gave one to my stylist.
I've brought her bread and/or jam before.
She told me she hides her jar in the back of the fridge so she doesn't have to share with her family.

Details:
  • Recipe here.  
  • I used frozen blueberries that I bought at Sam's.  I just measured out the amount and then let them thaw in the fridge overnight.  I drained off the melted liquid before chopping them up.
  • We prefer freezer jams normally, but the Sure-Jell packages come with cooked jam recipes too.
  • I was able to get 9 - 1/2 pints out of this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. This is our favorite flavor. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I am a new fan. It was delicious! I'll definitely be making it again.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...