During the time that I was making this quilt for our SIL Tonya I saved the little HST pieces that I was cutting off as I was making the big stars for hers. I did it as I went along and ended up with 160 HST.
This would've been a nice amount for a baby quilt. However, no new babies in my circle right now. Besides, one of my girls really liked the colors and said she thought we should keep it, even though we really don't need any more quilts. I cut and made another 68 more HST out of the remainder of the fabric scraps, even piecing a couple of the main fabrics to get what I needed.
I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I didn't take a pic before sending, but it has a bright yellow print on back with a few of the scraps intersecting the piece.
So off to Lynn it goes.
Bye-bye! See you later this year when you're all gussied up.
- 12 HST blocks across by 19 down = 228 total HST
- HST Cut to 3 3/4 inch
- Thrifted white sheet (brand new) for the sashing--cut 6 inches, 9 inches, 18 inches and 24 inches for an off center placement.