Monday, April 22, 2013

Floral Circle Skirt in Blue & Brown

Here's a fun warm weather skirt that I just made for Spring if it ever shows up here in MN.  Found this fabric by accident as I was browsing for something else.  Loved it and decided to keep it for myself even though daughter #1 was eyeballing it rather seriously once I brought it home.  Sorry kiddo, this one is for me.



Already have a cute brown tee to wear with it.
Could also use this cream t-shirt if I wanted.
I wore it on Sunday to Church with a black sweater because we still have snow and it was cold.

Details:
  • Simplicity 4236--this is also a good basic skirt pattern for a straight skirt--not quite pencil, but very close. 
  • View C is not quite full circle skirt.  This pattern does have a full circle version to make.
  • 2 yds. of 60" cotton fabric (I bought the last of this piece or I would've bought a little more)
  • Added 2 inches to the overall length, only because that is as much as the fabric would allow.  I would have preferred about 4 inches added to the length.
  • Used 1 pkg. of 1/4" double fold bias tape to finish off the hem.  I couldn't afford to lose any length at all when hemming..
  • Finished length--25 inches.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...