Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vintage Dresdens {Finished}

Over Christmas break I was able to finish up my dresden quilt.  
It was made with the help of the lovely ladies in my Bee Vintage VQB group and it only took me from September 'til now for it to get finished.  It's a miracle! :)

 Isn't it so pretty? I made it a twin size, so it will reside on my daughter's bed after her big sister moves out of their shared room.  Oh, happy day!  I have visions of a girly, vintage-y, pink and white cottage-y room for her.  In my head it's going to be fabulous...

I chose to add grey sashing as opposed to white because I wanted to give it a bit of a modern flair.  While I'm fully aware this is not a "modern" quilt, I felt like the grey updated the sheets a bit while still retaining the vintage charm.  Thus, modern.  In my eyes it worked out perfect. 

Once again, our quilter worked her magic and quilted the heck out of this one. 
I love what she chose to do.


The binding came from my LQS.  I bought it as a stash piece not realizing it worked with the quilt until it sat on my cutting table for a few days.  Then...light-bulb! (name that movie)

The back is a vintage sheet I thrifted awhile ago.
I think it has a Monet look to it, don't you?!
For some reason I think I might have had this sheet as a kid.  Mom, Renae??

Have a great week!
Emily








Quilt Stats
Dimensions: 70" by 90" (twin)
Sashing: Kona Ash
Dresdens: Reclaimed Vintage Sheets
Backing: Reclaimed Vintage Sheet
Binding: Sweet Flirtations by Exclusively Quilters

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the back sheet. I don't remember it exactly but highly possible. We did have quite a few floral sheets back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I remember when you posted the blocks (or your block - not sure) and thinking it was going to be gorgeous! Have fun with the redecorating of her room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous quilt. I can envision S room with it and it will be so pretty and feminine. Yes, the quilting job is amazing--she has quite the talent. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the grey sashing! Now to finish her room. Woo hoo, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt. I think it has the exact look you were describing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh beautiful! I'm pinning it to my Pinterest board right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is going to sound bizarre, but I think I owned that sheet. Back then we were all trying to get as far away from all white sheets as we could. The prints tended to be bright and colorful. The problem was that the thread count wasn't all that great. When we went back to high thread counts we went back to white and basic colors.

    Love the grey sashing. It was a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt. Dresdens are my favorite and yours is so stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft vintage colors - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt!! Both the back and front are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...