Monday, September 10, 2012

Mama Needs a New Sewing Machine

I have lamented before about my sewing machine frustrations.  It's an ongoing problem... And I'm getting super annoyed at my lack of machine reliability. I don't ask much, just a machine that sews when I want it to.  :)


So I have decided to put some of my baby quilts up for sale in the hopes that I can earn the cost of a new machine rather than taking the money out of the family budget. 

If you are interested you can find them listed in my etsy shop.  

Any recommendations on sewing machines would be greatly appreciated as well.  I think I know what I want, but would love to here what you all are using and loving.

Cheers!!
Emily

5 comments:

  1. I use a computerized Bernina machine and love it very much. When I first looked into buying one I was concerned about the cost but it was well worth the investment. My machine is about 5 or 6 years old and sews as well as it did on day one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a Bernina. I learned how to sew on my mother's old singer that she got when she was in High School. She bought a Bernina and I had the old machine. When I finally got the chance to use her machine, I realized why she had started sewing a lot more since she bought her Bernina. I now have her old Bernina while she has a newer model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I'm hoping you get enough to buy a new machine. There is nothing worse in the sewing world than having an uncooperative machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say go vintage! Find a good one in a thrift store and get it serviced! I got my Singer for $25 and it PURRS.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Viking and love it. Lots of people in my area are what I call 'Bernina Snobs'. Nothing personal to them, but when I did my research (very thoroughly, I might add) I found that you could get the same features in a Viking for much less money. I got my Viking at a local shop for a great deal. Its a Platinum, I think. I had to buy the walking foot extra. It works like a charm - never have a problem with it, and I'll often come upstairs after a long sewing session and tell my husband, "Have I ever told you how much I love my sewing machine?" :)

    Good luck in your search. Cute baby quilts. Especially love the pink with the four squares in the corner. Modern but not too modern. I'll likely rip that one off someday! :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...