Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Knit Top--Elastic Thread Embellished

This shirt pattern is pretty basic--but with some nice sleeve and hem options.  Lately you see lots of peasant type tops with some ruching at the waist, and then maybe also at the sleeve and neckline--usually made of a cotton.  I have trouble buying tops at the store, as they are never quite long enough--sleeves included.  So I wanted to try my hand at a little elastic thread embellishing / experiment with this top to try and replicate the current look.  I am pleased with how it turned out.  And I'm going to do another one or two of these.


 I attached the neckband per the directions and then after that I added the elastic thread topstitching.  I sewed 3 rows of stitching the width of the pressure foot apart.  I think it gathered up nicely.

Details:
  • Simplicity 1805
  • Used View D with View A/B sleeve hem option.
  • Very easy pattern and super comfy shirt
  • I think I bought this knit at Jo-Ann's, specifically for the color--knit interlock
  • Elastic thread at neck and hem

4 rows of sewing at the hem area--about the width of the pressure foot apart.
You can decide how much "flounce" you want after the ruching portion. 
You could do this right at the edge of the hem and basically have no flounce.



2 comments:

  1. I would love a long sleeve version for the winter months and finish the sleeve like you did aroung the neck with binding. I think I need to go get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...