Monday, May 21, 2012

Scrappy Quilt Project Update

O.K. maybe this project isn't going to take me a year like I originally had thought.  I really like making these blocks and I can see where the number of rectangles I've cut may never end....especially as I add a few more here and there as I finish other projects.



I'm about halfway through the 90 blocks needed for this quilt.
Here is a peek at what it is going to look like.


After this scrappy project is complete I want to make Amanda Jean's "Checkerboard Quilt", pg. 128-131, from her book Sunday Morning Quilts.  I'll use 3" squares because I already have LOTS and LOTS of them cut and sorted for my class quilt projects that I've made in the past.

But first...this one.

5 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to be COOL! Crazy, but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renae! I love it that you are using the fabric scraps we gave you. I'm glad it's going to be put to good use. What size quilt are you making? King-size? Queen-size? You used the same pattern Kevin used for Mason's quilt, the only difference is that you made rectangles and he made squares. How cool! I love the quilt Renae! Who is it for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we'll be keeping this one and using it for a T.V. blanket. That may change once I'm all done, but I am excited about it. And thanks for the fabric to add to my stash--I needed some different stuff than what I had been looking at forever. And I find that I don't have much "boy" looking fabric. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome Renae! You are such a talented woman. I admire you a lot. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your colorful patchwork quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...