Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quilt Club Blocks for May


For May it's Rochelle's turn to host club.  
She is a lover of blue, more specifically dark blue.
So here's what I came up with for her.
 
I was going for a sort of "trip around the world" look. 
 The ladies tend to use lots of dark sashing in their quilts, so I thought the white would pop nicely against all the dark.

For this block I was trying to do something different than my usual 2.5 square/postage stamp style block.  If you want to make your own, start with 3 7/8" squares and cut into HST.  Should come out to a 12.5" block like mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wanted to show you Kae's finished quilt top.
 
 As you might remember, in March she asked for red/white/blue blocks.  
Well, she was so excited to receive such lovely blocks from everyone that she showed us her finished top at our April meeting. (You can see that even my ugly block made the cut.)  We were all pretty excited to see that it turned out so great. (See? Dark sashing..) More importantly, Kae loved it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...