Monday, April 9, 2012

Wonky Crosses for Easter

 Happy Easter everyone!
We enjoyed a low key affair ~ Beautiful church services, gorgeous weather, time with family, egg dying, too much chocolate, and yummy food.  The perfect way to spend the day! 

This quilt is the product of a little flickr swap I participated in last fall.  I thought it appropriate to reveal on Easter Sunday.

  
These wonky cross blocks are super easy to make and lend themselves well to slash and stitch type sewing.  Great for swapping.  All it took was one day of frantic cutting and sewing and I was able to make 35 blocks to swap.

For the backing I used a recycled turquoise gingham sheet I bought last year.  It works perfectly.  And makes the quilt amazingly soft.  The binding is a nice little red (nothing fancy) piece I had in my stash.  Red seemed the obvious choice.
  
This way of swapping is so great, in my opinion, because you get tons of variety without having to have tons of stash.  I sent it 35 blocks, but in reality they were all kind of the same looking.  But once you mix them all up with what everyone else sends in... look at all the awesomeness!



Wonky Cross Tutorial
My blocks are 10" finished
Quilt measures 60" by 70"
Teal We Meet Again Flickr Group
Quilted by Lynn 

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday
and WIP Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Red & aqua and cross blocks... two of my favorite things. Nicely done!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and striking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the fact that so many hands went into making the squares. Exchanges can be a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! You inspired to make one of my own in a very similar color scheme (it's currently a WIP). I'd love to see the back of this quilt. I made one large wonky cross piece for my backing. Anyhow, I pinned your quilt to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...