Saturday, February 11, 2012

Small and Smaller

 Today I've been working on some of my ideas for the DQS.  
I can't say too much about what my partner wants as it is a blind swap, but here is a look at one of my tester blocks. 

 At this point I am working on a classic Churn Dash block. 
This one is small 6.5 inches finished.

But this being a doll quilt swap I thought I should go smaller.   
So with the help of some other swappers I was able to figure out 
the measurements for a 4 inch block.
It's crazy, I tell you! 
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be making teeny tiny blocks.  
But, sometimes you surprise even yourself. 


Here is what the 2 blocks look like next to each other.
(6.5" and 4")

I'm actually really enjoying this little project.  
Again, who would've guessed?!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make your own Churn Dash block.

For a 6.5 inch block use these measurements:
Center block -- 2.5"
2 - 2 7/8" squares from each color for HST blocks
1.5" x 12" strips -- one from each color

For a 4 inch block use these measurements:
Center Block -- 2"
2 - 2.5" squares from each color for HST blocks
1 1/4" strips -- one from each color

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is small! But it looks so cute! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...