Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Loveseat Preview

In the hopes that this will motivate me to actually accomplish this project in a timely manner (like before the kids destroy this couch and we get another one and it still not be recovered), I am posting my intentions.

This loveseat we just got on Thanksgiving Day from some friends who were getting rid of it--basically it has never been sat on, per the husband. 


I like the shape of the loveseat (and matching couch shown above), not so much the fabric.  And the fabric I want to use I've had for at least 2 years, originally with the intention of making a slipcover for this couch, which never made it into the house, and has long been trashed.  And here the fabric has sat in my laundry room--too big to fit into my washing machine and so I'll need to go to the laundromat to prewash that huge piece.  Which I also haven't done, obviously, in the past 2 years.

So hopefully this will encourage me to "get 'er done".




 I also bought this piece of fabric with the thought that I would make a cute bag for Spring. 

After I made the bag (available for sale at my shop here) I still have enough fabric that I am thinking it would make a nice pair of pillows for either the couch or loveseat. 

We'll see what actually happens.  First, the loveseat...maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great couch---just ugly fabric! Good luck! I'm scared of reupholstering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...