Monday, August 29, 2011

{Vintage Style} Bedroom Redo -- Mini Bunting

After making this quilt for our favorite babysitter and realizing how easily I could adapt it to my girl's yet-to-be-decorated bedroom I set out on a room redo.  There is still lots to be done (including bed quilts) but it's coming together in small bits.  

The first little project... a mini flag bunting to dress up their headboards. 



I love their headboards, but I really love how awesome they look with these buntings!  
Pure little girl goodness!



As you can imagine it was a simple project.  I used one pkg of double fold bias tape for the two buntings.  The flags are 5 1/2 inches across the top and 6 inches from the top to the point.  Fabrics are various vintage/reclaimed sheets from my stash.

Total cost:  About $4

This post is part of an ongoing series of posts about my adventures in room redecorating.  Follow along with me as I attempt to transform my girls' room into a vintage inspired beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! My girls would love a bunting in their room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the headboards and the buntings!!! I have been on the lookout for a vintage headboard myself for my little girl's room but no luck yet......but yours is exactly what I am looking for!

    Darling project!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...