Friday, July 8, 2011

More suits finished

I finished a couple more swimsuits for some friends' girls.  Used a new pattern on this first one.  I've made one shoulder suits before, for little girls, and I've had to come up with the pattern on my own.  However, Kwik Sew makes this pattern in women's sizes.  I was able to use it (3780) for this preteen's suit.  We just added the skinny strap for her comfort.

 

One of the things I love about this pattern is that there is no back seam--all flat and one piece.  This will help me be able to do the same for the little girls' pattern I have.  I'm also loving the orange lining.


I also made 2 of these racerback tanks.  This was apparently the fabric of choice this year. I used Kwik Sew 2962 which is the women's version of the girls' racerback 3785


I've found that girls' size 14 and women's size XS have almost exactly the same measurements.  So for my #2 daughter who is almost 12 and her friends we have been moving towards the women's pattern styles now.


Kwik Sew 3785


Same suit as above just adjusted to add a little skirt.


Here is the detail to the skirt hem.

4 comments:

  1. I'm liking the one shoulder suits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could try one for you if you want.
    That pattern is really easy and I like how it turns out. There is also a flounce version--put around the neckline if you are interested in that look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of thread do you use to sew your swimsuits?
    Thanks,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lining on the 1 shoulder suit

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...