Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Dresses 2011

I hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday last weekend.  I don't think we could've asked for prettier weather here in MN.  It rained the couple days beforehand, cleared up with temps in the 60's, and now for a couple more days of rain.   I think I like the later time of the year for Easter.  Much better for us than the cold days of the first part of April.  We actually wore Spring-y dresses and no coats to Church.  Woo hoo!

This was an easy year for sewing Easter dresses--by choice.  I tried to use as much as I could from my stash and patterns I already had.  It worked out nicely.
_________________________________________
Butterick 3045--this has been a well loved and extremely well used pattern over the years.  I don't know how many times I've made this little peasant top.  It is now out-of-print, but you can find similar, basic tops and dresses thru Butterick.  This year for daughter #3 we did View B, far left of the picture. 


This little detail around the waist is bias tape with rickrack on each edge.

All the materials for her dress came from my stash--including the zipper. 
_____________________________________________
Along with a simple t-shirt out of some seriously funky fabric, I made daughter #2 a white denim skirt based on Simplicity 9569--fabric and zipper from the stash.

All of a sudden she appears much more grown up to me.
__________________________________
For daughter #1 we found a cute skirt at the thrift store for about $5 and then we bought 1 yd. of fabric and added a yellow border at the bottom to make it longer for her.  Then she borrowed a white blouse from me.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, although I did offer it, but either my wardrobe will be doubling or I'll never be able to find any of my stuff ever again.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Renae! I like the thrifted skirt with the band. LOVE that you were so thrifty about it. I was thrifty with 2 of my dresses and a little less thrifty with the 3rd. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...