Monday, April 25, 2011

Color Crush Quilt

Inspired by
J Crew Spring 2011





image from istock photo



So, this is not what I was going for, but that's ok. (After making this one I know what I need to change to make what I was thinking in my head). I consider it a successful failure. And a really pretty one too.



M sleeps with this one at night
finished quilt measures 54" x 73"



I love the simple quilting.
I pretty much love everything about this quilt.



I used this tutorial as the guide for creating the corners of my squares.
No measuring on my part. Just freely sewing them on.
Then trimming the square to 4.5".




Mmmm, I love you my pretty......




The back and binding fabric are the same.
It's Pink polka dot by Riley Blake.




Most of the solids are Kona purchased at Joann's. I would have preferred to use all solids, but it just wasn't possible with the local selection. So I found what I could to make the gradient.

My favorite detail is the corner of khaki (bottom left). It's metallic and so pretty. Unfortunately, it wasn't really reading in photos. The fabric is Fairy Frost Glitz from the Princess Collection by Michael Miller. Also not as pretty online as it is in real life. Kind of smitten with that little detail though.

Linked up at Fabric Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous...i love your inspiration!!! i think my favorite part is the wonky triangles....they are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! I love the color gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. You always come up with the coolest ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One look says it's a happy quilt! Love it! Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some triangles hanging around from another project - thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "pinned" this a while ago and cannot stop thinking about this gorgeous quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt - it's seriously amazeballs! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiration to inspiration!!! I saw this on Pinterest, and loved it, and came up with my own scrappy version of it. Thanks for being MY inspiration!!!

    http://junebugworld.blogspot.com/2013/08/color-shard-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...