Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fair and Square for MHC

My first finish of the year. 
For a little boy that will be receiving it through Margaret's Hope Chest's 'Wrapped in Hope' program.

  I used the pattern amandajean designed specifically for MHC called Fair and Square
It came together really fast.
  
 The thing I like about the pattern is that you can make a big statement with minimal amounts of fabric.  I used a few leftovers from my son's quilt and 2 yards of Kona marine blue and Voila!

 For the back I used a thrifted sheet. 

I tried to machine stitch the binding...
And was sorely disappointed in my attempt. 
Yet there was no time to unpick before it needed to be sent off.  Too bad!
If I ever attempt to machine another binding I will definitely have to rethink my method.
For now, I'll stick to hand stitching.

3 comments:

  1. What a great quilt... and a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fabric you choose! And a thrifted sheet no less :) Well done.

    p.s. come visit my blog, I think it would be perfect for you to share it there :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...