Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sock Ambition

I've always wanted to learn to knit socks--not sure why--mostly I think it is just one of those things I know I could do if I just sat down and tried it. So this Christmas I've decided to make each member of my family (all 7 of us), including myself, a pair of hand-knit socks. Nothing like giving yourself a little bit of pressure on a project.

I really, really, really hope I am not too crazy and ambitious in my thinking. During the course of the last 6 months or so I've been using my Jo-Ann's and Michael's coupons to buy sock yarns. The yarn is all balled and bagged ready to go and marked for each person.

Becca, a friend from Church, has assured me that they are easy and go quickly. I am banking on that. Be warned, Becca, I might be coming over to your house with any questions and tutoring I might need.

Over Thanksgiving I started pair #1 for the youngest. Patons Kroy Socks--color Cyan Stripes. I think that for him I am just going to do easy tube socks. I'll work on heels, gussets, etc. on the following socks.

I really wanted to NOT use Dpns (double pointed needles) but use 2 long circular needles instead. I think I've found the books and tutorials to help me out finally. Knitting 2 socks at a time will be a bonus. So pair #2, which I hope to start here in the next day or two, will be worked using circulars and NOT Dpns.
Wish me luck that I get them all done in time for Christmas!

Here's an easy free pattern for socks from Patons Kroy.

1 comment:

  1. Those are gonna turn out so cute! I cant wait to see them. I love just watching a movie and working on projects that dont take too much concentration (most of the time).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...