Monday, December 20, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Quilt

...from the quilt along at ps i quilt.  I think I started it way back in March.

















 The sashing is Kona Ash.  I've used it before and love how it calms the craziness.  The prints were all pulled from my stash. 


The back is Alexander Henry's Starling in Natural with a border of the most perfectly matched clearance floral courtesy of Renae.


For the bindng I chose Amy Butler's full moon polka dot.  And in a stroke of luck the dots are actually all lined up even and straight on the binding. Couldn't have planned it better. 


Here is my favorite block.  I love both the color and the design.   It would make a beautiful quilt all on it's own.

This was the first quilt I have actually paid a "professional" to quilt for me.  I am definitely happy with the result, but I do think this type of quilting changes the finished look of a quilt.  For this quilt it works beautifully.








With all the designer prints in it this quilt is probably my most expensive quilt to date.  With that being said, I still didn't spend a ton. I got some of the fabrics on sale, used scraps from Leslie, and had lots of fun, small usable pieces in my stash.   I am guessing here but I'm going to say that I spend $60-$65 total (including the price of quilting).  I don't spend nearly that much on most of my quilts but it's fun to splurge every once in a while.

Finished Dimensions: 56" by 70"

7 comments:

  1. It's definitely a beautiful quilt. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty. I am glad we found that fabric for you. It looks so good on the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything from the sampler blocks, to the sashing, and the perfect binding!
    But I must ask, where on earth did you get it quilted for so little?! I just had my first quilt done professionally (about the same size as yours) and it was $90 just for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Beatiful!! I really love this, I love doing different blocks with the same theme. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing! Great work.
    I love the way you did the backing as well, thise birds are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...