Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quilt Alongs and Star Wars

Usually when I sign up for a Quilt Along I pitter out, or worse -- don't even start them. But I'm happy to report that I've changed by slacker ways...

Here are the first four blocks I made from the Pinwheel Sampler at p.s.i.quilt.


I'm feeling pretty confident that I can make it through to the end -- I'm half way there!

I think everyone else is using a layer cake or something like that to do this quilt, but I was feeling cheap and decided to use my scraps instead. I'm trying to ramp up the cool factor of my scraps by adding in this fabric to each of the blocks. I hope it works!

Another bunch of scraps, a totally different quilt along (From Moose on the Porch), and here is the result...

This one is a mystery quilt along, so I have NO IDEA what it will look like when it's finished. I'm sure it's going to be more traditonal looking. I was supposed to use a jelly roll, but again -- too cheap -- so I hope my scraps serve me well.


And, finally, I'm feeling pretty excited to have scored this flat sheet from ebay for my Star Wars obsessed 11 year old. I'm hoping it becomes the back of a totally sweet quilt for him.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good.
    Can't wait to see the finished quilts. Especially the Star Wars one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my dear, it's nice to finally find someone who does these authentic star wars creations besides me! husband AND son:) it's actually been fun and a great creative outlet, but people kind of freak out at Miles' Clonetrooper Army, I did all the figures by hand and the quilter I took it to was AMAZING! so you can check it out...
    http://allmyshananigans.blogspot.com/2009/02/maxs-star-wars-quilt-original-trilogy.html

    http://allmyshananigans.blogspot.com/2009/02/miles-clone-trooper-army.html

    http://allmyshananigans.blogspot.com/2009/02/and-more-star-wars-for-max.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I clicked to leave a comment about how much I wanted to see a star wars quilt because here I am staring at links to others!! Thanks so much and I still can't wait to see what you create with the star wars sheet! ((I have some of those sheets and the matching quilt too from my MIL that were my husbands when he was smaller))

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is a scoreing find! nice!
    and awesome that you are doing the quilt along! i have yet to sign up for one someday...or maybe not. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...