Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Cookies

Gotta get prepared for the Valentine's Day weekend coming up. Last night we decorated some sugar cookies, ate some, and delivered some to our neighbors. We tried a new sugar cookie recipe from my friend Carrie. We like them rolled out a bit thick--so delicious.

Alecia's Famous Sugar Cookies
2 c. margarine (DO NOT use butter) softened
2 c. sugar
6 XL eggs
6 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
7 c. flour

Cream together margarine & sugar.

Add baking powder, eggs & vanilla, mix thoroughly.

Add flour, chill overnight. (Must chill overnight!)

You might need to knead in a little more flour to make it a nice pliable dough once you get ready to roll them out. (I definitely had to do this with my dough)

Bake at 350 degrees until they rise up then barely start to fall...they will be a tiny bit gold on bottom (between 10 and 12 minutes).

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cube butter
2 pkg. cream cheese
powdered sugar (1/4-1/2 pkg. ...depending on taste)
1 tsp. vanilla
(**I did not make this frosting recipe as my kids don't really like cream cheese frosting. Too bad, because I sure do.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so behind that I have forgotten about Valentine's! Thanks for the reminder. Those cookies look so yummy I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I need to make a couple dozen for school parties. Better get making the dough! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...