Thursday, June 25, 2009

No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies

This is one of our family favorites and one that our Mom made for lots of years. This is one of the easiest recipes you'll come across and it is great when you need a quick treat or a chocolate fix. And since they are "no-bake" it is also great when you don't want to heat up your kitchen.

NO-BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES

In 2 qt. bowl put in:
3 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. peanut butter (I prefer crunchy, cuz I'm a little nutty myself)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Set aside.

Combine together in a small saucepan:
1. c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. milk
3 Tbs. cocoa

Boil above 4 ingredients for 1 minute and then pour over remaining ingredients. Combine all together and then drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Let cool and eat. (We sometimes stick them in the freezer for a few minutes if we can't wait that long to eat them.)

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmm, I love these and haven't made them in YEARS!! My original recipe was a mimeographed copy from school (yeah I'm old, deal with it!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love No Bake Cookies, always have! I put a little coconut in mine, mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I don't think I've had these since I left home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy, my mom made a variation of these, but I think ours had coconut in them? Can't totally remember but I know they were good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...