Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Napkins

I found these unique Christmas Tree napkins from one of our followers, Rose, over at her blog: Rants 'n Random Ramblings. She has a great tutorial to follow if you're interested in making some yourself. Thanks, Rose, for the great idea, and for keeping track of what we're doing too. A very Merry Christmas to you!


Here are the colors that I chose--not necessarily traditional, but a bit more funky, retro and kid friendly. That middle polka dot piece is actually hunter green. It looks black in this pic.

I didn't buy fat quarters as Rose did, but instead bought 6 different 1/2 yd. pieces of fabric (45" wide). That cost me $6 total, which is a rather nice price for 12 napkins total. You can cut out 4 half circles from each 1/2 yd. piece. The end result: 3 different sets of napkins--4 each style.

These are my finished napkins. I'm not sure we'll be waiting until Christmas dinner to use them. My kids are just about as excited as I am to try them out. Once again, a big thanks to you, Rose!

1 comment:

  1. They are really cute!! I'm off to have a look at the tutorial, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...