Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tree Skirt Skirt

O.K. this is a really clever idea that I can take absolutely no credit for. I was watching my friend Barb's daughter this morning for awhile and when she came over she had on this cutest little fleece snowman skirt. Never mind that it isn't that cold yet. This little girl is always dressing up and wants to wear dresses or skirts--ALWAYS!! Barb is so good to her and is always coming up with ways to accommodate her daughter's fashion requests.As I was checking out her skirt I realized that this was made out of a printed tree skirt--you know, the ones they use under Christmas trees. I looked closer at it and she just finished off the inner circle edge, that becomes the waist, and left the outer circle edge (the hem) unfinished. She closed it with two sets of skirt hooks so that it is sort of a mini wrap skirt.
You could also sew the "opening" of the tree skirt closed and put in an elastic waistband too if you preferred. But if this is just a play dress, there is definitely no need to be that fussy. I just thought it was genius--and think of all the cute styles you could find to make the 4 to 5 year old girl in your life happy. So thanks Barb, I hope you don't mind me sharing.

3 comments:

  1. Now there is a little girl with a free spirit....Christmas in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a woman's skirt pattern that is similar...so easy and a super full skirt. It closes the same way. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute skirt, such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...