Monday, September 22, 2008

Origami Wreaths

I pulled out the book I bought months and months ago and decided to try some things (the origami crane continues to ellude me).

I think this wreath has so many possibilities. It's very easy. I'm about to make a bunch for our Christmas decor (hang with velvet ribbons). All white to hang above the bed in our room, red prints for the living room. I'm going all out this year since last year was such a bust (baby was two weeks old and I was a mess).

This project can be as cheap (copy paper) or as expensive (scrapbook paper) as you like it to be. I decided I didn't like the papers included with the kit I bought. All the colors were just off enough to be ugly. So I experimented with some of my wrapping papers. This damask is one of them. My wreath uses squares that are (6.75") making the wreath 15" wide.

**I looked for the instructions online, but couldn't find any. Sorry! I wanted to post them. But there are lots of other wreath variations available.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I love it! I just reserved the book at the library online and I'll pick it up tonight! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how much I love being able to reserve books online at the library. It is awesome!! I think that my kids would have fun making some things, so we're going to try out the book.

    Your wreath looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath looks great! I too want to go all out with the Christmas decorations this year....but let's see how much i actually get done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...