Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby room makeover

After a couple close calls (eyeball) and one hit (temple) with the bird mobile I decided it has to go. As cute as it is...it's seriously dangerous. I don't know where it will end up, but for now it has been replaced by these chinese lanterns.

**the one on the left is much lower because I am trying to decide if I want to hang them at varying heights.



And I also added a few accessories to her room:

a white flannel blanket and butterfly pillow




detail view of blanket
maybe this isn't the smartest choice for a baby's room because L likes to pull on the fringe, but I don't care. That's why it is on the chair and not in her crib.




detail view of pillow
this is made out of wool felt. The back of the pillow is twill.

4 comments:

  1. Mr. C says to me "I like a dees" pointing to the chinese lanterns.

    It looks nice. I think I like the idea of varying the height of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all coming together quite nicely! Love the butterflies on the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are actually getting rid of the bird mobile, we'd buy it from you. Sophie is obsessed with birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the laterns too.. Too bad about the bird-mobile :-( Maybe you can hang it in a corner of the room instead?
    I'm curious about the butterflies on the wall....they are gorgeous! Did you make them? .....and how?!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...