Thursday, April 3, 2008

Version 2 of Bordered Skirt

I have this problem in that I have a hard time letting fabric go to "waste". I am not a quilter and frankly do not want to become one at this point in my life. So using my extras for a quilt is not an option. However, when I have pieces leftover that are big enough to make something for my girls, then I tend to go ahead and make it, even though they probably don't need it. The fact is I found this fabric for $1/yd. at Walmart and so I bought 4 or 5 yds. At that price you definitely can afford to buy more so that you have plenty for whatever you decide to make down the road.

This skirt is the leftover fabric from L.'s Easter dress. I made a skirt for M. (Cousin K. is getting a copy of this skirt sent to her also. See...I really can't let it go to waste.) M. has this really cute red cotton button up shirt that will go great with it. We added a little lace and ribbon threaded through it to spruce it up a bit. All of this I already had down in the "stash" so I didn't feel too bad about making something else. I really like how it turned out.


Detail of the hem with flat lace and 1/8" satin ribbon threaded through it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty details on this one. I really like this navy fabric...cousin K is lucky. Sounds like she is getting a few things from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the polka-dot fabrric when I saw it for L's dress--Glad K can get the leftovers!! I think it would be cute to wear on the 4th of July! Yes, I'm crazy enough to be thinking that far ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....I was thinking the exact same thing with M.'s red shirt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...